Sunday, July 31, 2011

A stumbling block...

It's hard getting to church on time. I am sure there are lots of super people out there that this isn't an issue for (because when ever I get to church there are plenty of people already in their seats), but it is for me. It seems no matter what I do, how early I wake up or what I prepare the night before there is always something that prevents us from getting there on time, even though we are shooting for 15 minutes early.

Today, we were set, things were good, we were set to go... And then we get to the top of the driveway and there is this across the road... Our only out on our dead end street.

That's a pretty big stumbling block.

The trees here are huge. The branch here was about 1.5 feet in diameter. The branches delicately opened our mailbox and were all around it but it was generally unscathed. It was apparently a county tree but on our across the street neighbor's property. Our neighbor could tell we needed out as we were all fancy ready for church so she offered us a route through her property that went through to the next street. We were late. But we were there. :)

When we got home from church I was all excited because the road was clear, but then not because the county had dumped all the tree toppings on our property. (that's a nice way of saying, "all the huge leafy branches")

Thing is I knew at 5am this morning that a tree was down. It is a sound and shake that I have learned since moving here 4 months ago... but we couldn't see it in the dark of night and when Gary circled the house this morning and didn't see a tree down on the property we figured it was a neighbor's and not and issue to us.

Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment