Thursday, April 16, 2009

I knew it.

but it doesn't matter
I told him
but it doesn't matter
*chuckle*
We're all stubborn about something.
Today I took the babe in for a Bili level.
It's gone up.
yup
she's a yellow belly...
(no, not a coward, a jaundice kid... which call me crazy but if it wasn't a medical condition, I think it would be kinda a cute name, Jaundice...)
So early tomorrow I have to submit her again to a heel prick and then see if we need lights or not. Probably we will. Since in two days she went from an 8 to a 16. From low risk to the top of high risk.

So what did I tell him?
Not that she would have jaundice, I'm not that smart.
I told him that if we spelled her name the French way EVERYONE was going to say it wrong.
Duh.
But he insisted.
Ok fine.
You can call her Geneva (Geneeva) or the French Genève (genev (soft g)) that's all good.
We call her both.
Something I hadn't anticipated though: Genevieve (you know like the dog in the Madeline books)
That's what everyone called her today.
Heck, my name is Coretta. I was named in sorts after Coretta Scott King. A black Lady. I get Black book club mailings and things of the sort, just because of the Coretta thing. It's all good. And sometimes people spell it with two Rs and one T.
Whatever.
Who cares.
Like Gary says: Her name is Genève. It doesn't matter what others think or if they can't get it, it's her name.

6 comments:

  1. I like the name, very pretty and different, I like different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name, too.
    People can hardly ever get Xander or Rygel right. But it's okay...we know their name. And like you said, it is what it is.
    And it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genevieve? Really? Her name is shorter than that, and there's only one V. Silly people.

    Good luck with the jaundice thing. (PS I'm giggling that you like Jaundice as a name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Jaundice baby. I had to take Nadia in for an extra test too, but she was fine in the end. Then there is the time Natalya colored herself with a yellow marker... I sorta feel your pain with the name thing. I have gotten some interesting ones with Natalya. My favorite: Nat-a-lie-a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So happy that she's here and (relatively) healthy. What a beautiful little girl, with a beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Coretta I am right there with you. People pronouce Amanie wrong all the time too. We have even had Armonie Where are they getting the R from? OH well...like you said...you know her name and that is all that matters. Congrats on the baby and good luck with the Jaundice.

    ReplyDelete