Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TTA- Women's Day

Who has been the most influential woman in your life, and why?Sunday was International Womens Day which is something that been around since 1911. Annually on 8 March, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate achievements. In some countries it's a national holiday. The tradition sees men honouring their mothers, wives, girlfriends, colleagues, etc with flowers and small gifts. So, basically a day to celebrate the awesomeness of women:).

This one is probably a Major DUH!
Yesterday I was dealing with some discipline issues with my 4.5 year old. My mother happened to be on chat. She mentioned something from my own childhood that I could totally understand now, having been on both sides of the situation. Not only did I learn a lot from my own mother, but her influence continues and I feel very blessed that not only was she a firm influence for good, but has also been a very dear friend. Who's mother wasn't the most influential woman in their life? (for good or bad?) Motherhood is such a huge blessing, responsibility and joy, as such we have the capacity and outreach to touch so many lives and experience so much joy. I find it interesting that so many woman think they are oppressed. I have to laugh. Now there are ways that in the past women were, sure there are some things that maybe aren't "fair" but do I want everything to be "fair?" No, I honestly don't. I want to be a woman, honored, respected, and privileged, because the traditional idea encompassed that.



No comments:

Post a Comment