Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Goldilocks and the Three Bears


This weekend we finally finished this... not because it takes long, just because it takes me long to get to things. It's a flannel story play board of the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
My sister, who works for an embroidery design company ( I also worked there for a summer in college) sent Olea some embroidered figures for her birthday, to avoid shipping issues I said we could make the board part of it. It was fun, Olea helped color it and tape the flannel to the board.
You can find the instructions here... so I didn't bother making my own. :) especially since we didn't do the embroidery part because I don't have a machine. They have lots of different fairy tale stories to choose from.

Oh and back in the day when my sister was putting together the tutorial for the project she shared some of the boards with us when she came down and she used a picture of Olea playing with them in her tutorial.

3 comments:

  1. You have such great ideas to help your kids get involved with projects! That looks like so much fun! I'm going to have to jump over to that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! And it looks like you put a lot of work into the details! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete